Help us to continue making a difference in our comunity. Please make a donation today.
Accepting applications FT EMT
Friday, December 31, 2021
Full-Time Job Posting
Emergency Medical Technician (EMT)
The Frankford VFC is currently accepting applications for two full-time EMTs. Responsibilities include primary response to emergencies in both Frankford and Dagsboro fire districts with mutual aid response as requested. Additional responsibilities include station duties, apparatus and equipment checks, and other duties that may be requested. Shifts are 24/72.
Compensation / Benefits Package:
- Hourly range $17.50 - $18.50 (based on experience and additional training)
- State healthcare, dental, and vision (up to $1,000 monthly allowance after 90 days)
- Simple IRA – minimum 3% contribution or up to 5% match
- Paid time off (PTO) – Vacation, Holiday and Sick PTO accrued monthly
- Annual review with an opportunity for a performance increase
- Annual Cost of Living Adjustment (COLA)
- NREMT (applicants may apply if they expect to be certified by 1/31/22)
- State EMT Certification (if other than DE, applicant must have NREMT, see above)
- AHA BLS (or equivalent) CPR Certification
- State of DE Emergency Vehicle Operator (may obtain after employment offer
- Valid Driver’s license
Applications will be accepted through 12/31/2021.
Interviews will be conducted during the first two weeks of 2022.
Prior to an employment offer, applicants will have a series of background checks including a criminal background check by the State Bureau of Identification (SBI) and a state driving record. Character references will also be investigated.
For additional information or to request an application, please contact Ambulance Captain Marie Hudson at (302) 278-2802 or [email protected]